Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Enough All Ready!

Ever since I can remember I’ve been hearing about how great the 60’s were. Well, to be perfectly honest, I’m REALLY sick of hearing about the 60’s and everything that went along with them. Ok, yes the 60’s was a period of change for America. The youth of that decade found their voice and they let us know it. And they haven’t shut up since. We’re still celebrating Woodstock and the Summer of Love. It’s been 40 years. Can’t we give it rest by now?

Being born in 1966, I have zero memories of the 60’s. Maybe that’s why I really have no connection to that period of my life. My earliest memory is from the summer of 1970. Possibly before I turned 4, I don’t really know. I know that my Great-Grandmother is in that memory and she died in 1970. So, it’s anyone’s guess when that memory took place. It could even have been in 1969 but I don’t think so. I would have only been 3, so I find it very unlikely that I remember anything from that far back. I could, but I don’t think so.

Keep your tie-dies and your love beads.

I'll keep my bell bottoms, platform shoes and mood rings. Thank you very much.

No comments: